Sony recently announced that Playstation Plus Premium version would also include access to PS3 games. Players can’t directly play PS3 games at the moment but that might change if the emulation is introduced to PlayStation Plus Premium.
This would be a good thing and something that must have been feature since we had PS4. Currently the games have to be remastered so that players can play those on the latest gen consoles. This way players can simply use the same game they owned on the previous gen console and play it on the latest console that they have.
Console players have always had to deal with limitations like these. Where PC players can still play some very old games on their PCs without any question or hassle of compatibility. Finally it seems that the console world is moving ahead.
But this feature will come with a hefty price even though users can avail some extended features.
PlayStation Plus Premium**
- Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
- Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
- PS3 games available via cloud streaming
- A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
- Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
- Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
- United States
- $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
- €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
- United Kingdom
- £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
- ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
- PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.